It has been an incredible year. I find my self often thinking, “Life is crazy!” You never know what will come your way. What have I learned from all this craziness? Number one is lessons on love: love of family, love of friends, love of God. The most important being to love and believe in God and our Savior, Jesus Christ. No matter what, they will be there for you. I know!
Pure JOY was our most overwhelming feeling this holiday season. Joy that we could hug and love each other and watch the kids grow. Joy that we are a family forever sealed with temple blessings. Joy that we have wonderful, caring friends and family. Joy that we know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ exist and have a plan for our happiness. Joy that one day we will be resurrected into perfect bodies.
The day before Christmas, Travis humbly apologized. He didn't have a gift for me to unwrap Christmas morning. I told him that all he needed to do was put a red bow on his head and sit under the Christmas tree! When it came down to Christmas morning, I didn't present him with the gift I had prepared either. Somehow, it was enough to sit together in the joy of the morning, gifts felt instead of given, the magic of Christmas real and there. Travis--My Gift.