Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009

Recovery:

Our week has been a long one full of Christmas preparations....and pureed preparations to feed Travis. I have stuck with blended soups, cream of wheat, oatmeal, fruit smoothies, and shakes. Anything else liquefied just doesn't seem right!

Travis has been swollen, sore, and a little dizzy. He is numb along his jaw bone on the right side to the middle of his bottom lip. This numbness will be there for several months, but should go away. He has to watch himself very closely when he shaves! I am surprised how slow he has rebounded, but he has been through a lot lately! He spent the entire week in bed only getting out to shower, shave, and visit the doctor. After 9 days, he finally put on his prosthetic to go to church. We left a half hour early, so he could walk slowly. He did great! I think he's over the hump.