Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 37: July 17, 2009

Day 37: Today I want to say thankyou to all the kindnesses that have been showered upon me and my family. Thankyou for the cards, letters, flowers, help with the kids, help with the yard and animals, weeding, meals--everything. Thankyou so much!. We are lucky to have wonderful friends and family. The support has been tremendous.

Thankyou to Reese Nelson and his horticulture class for coming out and weeding/dead-heading my flower beds around the house. I looked at those weeds two days ago thinking they needed to be pulled soon before they were big and difficult to pull. I wondered when I would get the time to do it. Thankyou so much from one green thumb to another!

Travis had a busy day today. He hardly rests between speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dietary, blood draws, doctor assesments, etc. Last night he only slept about 2 hours total. Today he napped about an hour total. He drinks a lot, but eats little. This evening, the doctor put him on an additional pain killer thinking he is in more pain than he can communicate. Hopefully, this will help him get the rest he needs.