Sunday, December 6, 2009
5 Months 16 Days: Nov. 26, 2009
Day 170: Thanksgiving! We enjoyed turkey and several firsts. For the first time since the accident, Travis wore dress pants and a belt. All this time, he has worn a hospital gown, shorts, or jogging pants. Also, Travis climbed stairs! Three of them to be exact. Three up and three down with a yummy dinner in between! Emily also stopped using her crutches today. I think she wanted to keep up with all her cousins and found her crutches cumbersome. We actually pulled out of the driveway to go home and she exclaimed, "Wait, I forgot my crutches!" I had to run back in the house and get them, but she hasn't used them since. It was pretty humbling to have 2 family members on crutches. I'm glad it didn't last long. Travis and Emily help me a lot. I know this because of the things I have to do when they can't. I am so thankful for my two good legs. Not being able to move about is a hard thing. Every time I use my legs to help them, I realize this blessing--to walk is a beautiful thing. I am a lucky girl!