Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 59: August 8, 2009

Day 59: We slept-in as planned--heaven! Travis has actually slept most the day. We're figuring out a routine of bed to wheelchair or commode; the best way to manuver around the house; good times for medicines and meals, etc. I give Travis a shot everyday. When I gave him his shot yesterday at the hospital, Travis looked at the nurse and questioned with eyes wide, "Are you sure about this?!" He's survived me so far!

I brought Travis breakfast in bed. I've never done that in 15 years of marriage! Our coffee table on the bed worked perfectly as a breakfast table for two. It was good to have a day to ourselves before the kids add to the craziness. We brought the TV upstairs and put in the ramp in the mudroom. It fit perfectly--Thanks David, Moalee, and Matt!

The kids came home this evening. Dinner, unpacking and baths made it busy, but we're all here! We had family prayer around dad in bed. Everyone's asleep but me now. We have 2 weeks until Travis' x-ray on his left leg to see if he can start to weight bear. I hope it will be two weeks of peace and soaking up some summer sunshine. Emily still is not using her right leg. I'm wondering if she needs some physical therapy to get her going. She's still crutching around.