Day 79: The weeks fly by, we are so busy. It is hard for me to see the progress we are making because it happens right under my nose. People that see Travis weekly comment that he "looks better." Every day is full of helping him with "activities of daily living." I help him dress, shower, shave, use the bathroom, brush his teeth,etc. He tries to do as much as he can by himself. He is able to do more now than he used to do. Take shaving for example. I used to do the whole 9 yards. Two days ago, he tried to shave instead of me doing it. Instead, I put on the shaving cream, held the mirror, and finished off a spot he couldn't reach. I really enjoyed watching him shave again--and he did it all left-handed!
Another benchmark this week....he asked me to read some articles from "Outdoor Life" to him. It has been fun to spend some quiet time in the evening reading and discussing what we read. It's really good for his brain, plus I learn something too.
Lily, Emily, and I are battling with strep throat this week. We are on antibiotics and being cautious, hoping to keep it from Travis. However, he keeps asking Maegan (17 months) for kisses. I keep telling him we shouldn't be doing kisses right now with people sick, but when did he ever listen to me! He traded around 20 Swedish fish for kisses from Maegan today. She eats them as fast as he gives them to her. It's really cute, but......I guess it's my job to worry.