Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 53: August 2, 2009

Day 53: Today was a day I will remember forever. Travis was able to leave the hospital for a few hours! We took him to his parents house which is about 5 minutes from the hospital. His dad drove over the curb and right up on the lawn in the backyard. It suprised Travis, but he liked it. Everyone surrounded the car and waved. Then we surrounded him as we got him situated in his wheelchair. We sat him under the shade of a big maple tree. I was shaking I was so excited! The kids made a welcome banner and hung it on the side of the house. The sun was shining. We were all just so happy to have him "home." Travis was too. He relished watching our one year old toddle around at his feet trying to drink rootbeer out of a can. I relished watching him watch our baby! It was great day for our family.